Are you looking for a career in Civil Engineering? C. J. Thorne & Co Ltd is a family run specialist civil engineering company working with Clients in both the public and private sectors. Cost effectiveness is achieved through the Company’s directly employed workforce, extensive owned plant and transport fleet, and long-standing partnerships with trusted suppliers and specialist sub-contractors. In 2019 we will be celebrating 80 years in business.
We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
CPCS Certificated Plant Operators
CSCS Certificated Skilled General Operatives
An experienced Site Engineer, you will be responsible for all setting out and producing of as-built surveys and QA of our scope of works. You will be supported by the senior management and the senior engineer on site to ensure the smooth running of projects and solving any technical issues within the design.
- You will be a Degree qualified engineer with ideally groundworks/utilities experience and at least a year’s site experience. Graduate opportunities are also available.
- Ambitious and career driven
- Exceptional management skills and communication skills verbal and written
- Demonstrable experience in previous roles and the ability to deliver projects
CPCS Certificated Plant Operators in all areas, including:
- Telescopic handler
- 360° Excavator
Skilled General Operatives
- Ideally you will have experience working as a skilled general operative specialising in a particular area for 2 years, and will be comfortable using tools and equipment on site.
- You will be conscious of health and safety on site and will be aware of others who are working alongside you
- A current CSCS ticket
- Strong work ethic in a team and ability to work to the objectives of the Company.
What to do next:
We offer an excellent package for the right person, so if the above sounds like you, please send us your CV and covering letter stating the position you are applying for to Chris Thorne, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
C J Thorne & Co Ltd. values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.