C J Thorne & Co is a professional and environmentally conscious organisation, which acknowledges the effect its operations have on the environment. The clear purpose is to minimise any impact by promoting the following objectives:
- Endeavour to fully conform with the duties placed upon it within the requirements of legislation, whilst at all times complying with, as a matter of best practice, the requirement and duties set out within Approved Guidance as issued by the Environment Agency and other environmental and Client organisations.
- Consider the effects Company operations may have on the local community.
- Seek to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner.
- Make efficient use of natural resources by minimising waste and conserving energy and water.
- Separate waste types that occur from work activities and recycle materials wherever feasible.
- Purchase materials to ensure any waste on site is kept to a minimum.
- Only use timber from sustainable sources.
- Ensure employees, suppliers and our partners are aware of our environmental policy and encourage them to apply similar environmental standards.